Monday, October 30, 2006

Teen Retreat

This blog is way past due. We had the teen retreat in late October and it was a great success. The purpose of the weekend was to get our teens more comfortable with eachother and give them activities and opportunities to get to know eachother better. The setting couldn't have been any more gorgeous. The retreat was held at Josh and Stephanie's family cabin (Josh and Stephanie are friends from church) up at Linville Gorge. The girls got to stay in the nice cozy cabin and the guys had to rough it out doors. Josh and couple college students helped Will and I with team building activies, repelling and caving! The caving was way cooler than I ever expected. The whole thing went so well- we are greatful to the Lord for a safe and successful weekend!

1 comment:

taylor said...

This was such an awesome retreat! I think the youth really came together and I know I feel so much more comfortbale with the youth! I loved it so much and the caving was the best part! I'm so grateful for the retreats we get to have and spending time with the youth I really love it!