Monday, July 23, 2007

The Garden

Here are some pictures of the garden. We planted back in early May and have really had fun watching everything grow...and eating fresh produce! The garden ended up being about twice the size we had originally planned- but it gave us room to plant A LOT of veggies: corn, okra, carrotts, squash, zuccini, green pepper, tomatoes, watermelon, pumkin, lettuce and beans! It got a little unruly the weeks we were out of town, but it's still growing things, so we're fine with it. I didn't want to bore you with pictures of everything, but I put up a few before and after pics.


We may have over done it with the beans...we'll be giving lots of these away.
This is our one and only watermelon, but it's coming along nicely!This is one of three squash plants...we've ate our weight in squash and zuccini this summer.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for gardens! We have had a garden whenever we could! I even canned something like 50 jars of pickles one summer...and I hate pickles! Ours is starting to die off with the heat here. I'm planning for our fall garden though!

Erik said...

Chud! I love your garden! Can't wait to see you next week...
Love,
Chud

Jessicca said...

Hey Shawna, I found you through the Looches. Sweet garden! You can never really have too many beans :). Eat some squash for me too.