Thursday, July 10, 2008

Journey to Michigan

Well, we made it! The kids and I are back home from our journey to Nashville then to Michigan. The kids did so well traveling and I am grateful to all those who were kind to us at the airport. I encourage all of you who are reading this to keep an eye out for mothers traveling with kids by themselves...help them! On the way home we sat next to a guy who is in the army and is stationed where Brandon will be, although he is leaving for Iraq soon. He was so friendly to Gaines. The poor guy was trying to read a book the whole flight but Gaines kept talking his ear off. It was pretty funny- I think he got a kick out of Gaines. Anyway, we are home safe and thankful for a safe and fun trip. Marcie and Josh's shower was really nice. They got some awesome gifts! We can't wait to meet Maeley!

Morgan and Ana thoroughly enjoyed their first swim!

Forget the pool, where are the donuts?

We went to the zoo or as Gains calls it...the gazoo with the Cope kids. They were all so good with Gaines and Ana.

Gaines loves his GG.

Ana and her Grandpa Leeser

Forrest, Brooke, Taelor, Ana and Gaines

Aunt Tina (my Dad's sister) and Gary flew in from Oregon to spend some time with the fam. It was so great to see her!

One afternoon Andrew, Linc, my Dad, Gaines and I took a little trip over to friend's lake.

Lincoln is such a sweet boy. He seems like a deep thinker...always studying everything he sees. He is sure to be a smarty pants like both his parents:)

My sweet girl!


3 comments:

Taelor said...

I miss you guys so much already!! I really wish that you guys lived in Michigan... Tell Gaines that I miss him tons already :) Love ya!!

Josh and Marcie said...

we all had a great time and I loved the time that we got to spend together. You are so special to me and your kiddos are too!

Erik said...

looks like FUN! I miss your family, Shawna! Glad you got to go. :)