Friday, January 26, 2007

Ski Trip

Well, we finally took advantage of the slopes just 45 minutes from here. We had16 kids from the youth group join us for a day of skiing and snowboarding at Cataloochie. Some of us knew what we were doing...some of us didn't! Drew (our new Brother in law) was kind enough to spend some time refreshing my memory about the whole snow plow technique...and then finally got me to cut back and forth across the mountain. It's been 10 years or so since my last experience, but this was definitely my best ski trip ever! I think everybody had a blast, and thank the Lord, no one got hurt- except the kid who went flying over the orange tape and dropped about 60 ft! I think he is doing okay though ( he was not part of our crew). Will is currently on the lookout for a good deal on a snowboard so he can make these trips more frequently!
Colby, Jared, Sarah, Ethan

The experts!


The snowboarders

The love birds:)





1 comment:

Erik said...

I'm jealous that I couldn't go with you guys. It looks like you had a good amount of snow.